[xsde-users] c++/Hybrid: element names and line numbers

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jan 26 08:52:37 EST 2015

Hi Christian,

Christian Sell <christian at gsvitec.com> writes:

> Since the XSD/e Parser is event-driven, it should have access to everything.

And it does, see my previous email.

> And the XSD/e Hybrid name sounds as if there was a lower event-driven
> layer into which one could kick down..

Yes there is, called C++/Parser. Again, see my previous email (I
am starting to get the impression you actually haven't read it).

> I just wonder why there isn't flexibility to implement this in a
> clean way.

Indeed there is! It involves customizing your object model to
include data members to store the extra data. And then customizing
the (C++/Parser) parser implementations to copy this data into
the object model.

It is very clean. Just not very easy.

What would make it easy is support for code generation plugins.
I've had this idea for XSD (e.g., to generate "visitors") but
it will work very well here as well.