[xsde-users] Validation and exceptions

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 18 02:45:19 EDT 2011

Klaus,

I am CC'ing the xsde-users mailing list again. In the future can you
please send technical questions like these to the xsde-users list
instead of to me directly?

Cinibulk, Klaus <klaus.cinibulk at siemens.com> writes:

> Actually, what happens if validation is turned off globally but an
> unknown tag, e.g. as part of a certain sequence, is handed over to
> the parser?

It is ignored.

> Or, on the other hand if generation of exceptions is turned off, what
> happens in this case, if an unknown tag arrives.

If the validation is enabled but exceptions are disabled, the validation
errors are reported via error codes. See the 'minimal' example for more
information on how to handle this.

> Is there still access to the rest of the object tree?

No, the parser stops building the tree at the first error, regardless
of whether you use exceptions or error codes.