[xsde-users] XSDE using without IOSTREAM

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 10 16:48:17 EDT 2010

Hi Abhijeet,

abhijeet thatte <abhijeet.thatte at gmail.com> writes:

> I have been using xsde for last couple of days with STL,IOSTREAM and
> EXCEPTIONS enabled.  But I just realized that I may end up using it
> on a platform which does not support either of them.
>
> So, I tried to compile the demo examples without these options but  they
> don’t work as the xml file parsing is based on IOSTREAM.

Right, most of the examples assume that these options are enabled.
There is, however, another example, called 'minimal', which shows
how to perform parsing and serialization when the XSD/e runtime
and the generated code are configured without the STL, C++ exception,
and iostream enabled.

> There is another method “document_pimpl:: parse (const void* data, size_t
> size, bool last)” which I need to call instead of
> “document_pimpl::parse(std::istream&) ” from my application.
>
> Can anyone tell me what are the parameters (data, size, last) to be
> passed to the method?

For more information on this see the Embedded C++/Parser Mapping
Getting Started Guide, in particular Section 7.1, "Document Parser":

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsde/documentation/cxx/parser/guide/index.xhtml#7.1