[xsde-users] XSDE using without IOSTREAM

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 10 17:28:57 EDT 2010

Hi Abhijeet,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the xsde-users mailing
list as discussed in the posting guidelines:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

abhijeet thatte <abhijeet.thatte at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Boris,
> Thanks a lot !!!
> I am using xsde tool on QNX 6.3 sdk. When I installed the tool independently
> (without integrating with any other modules) on the build server at my work,
> it worked perfectly with all 3 (IOSTREAM, STL, EXCEPTION) options enabled.
> But when I integrated it with other modules of build server and use my own
> rules to make a build it failed. It fails during the linking with other
> modules. It gives me errors like
>                       In function
> `xsde::cxx::parser::validating::string_pimpl::_pre()':
>                       undefined reference to "std::string::append(char
> const*, unsigned)".
>                       undefined reference to
> `std::string::_S_empty_rep_storage'.
>
> I suppose I must be missing some standard c++ library to link. I am trying
> to check what all libraries are linked when demo examples are built
> which guarantees successful linking. Can you make out which library I might
> be missing.

This usually happens when you use gcc instead of g++ for linking.
That is, when you link using g++, C++-specific libraries are linked
in automatically. When you use gcc, it is assumed that you are
building a C program.

If that doesn't help, -lstdc++ is the standard C++ library that is
probably missing, though there could be other "C++ support" libraries.
To see which libraries are passed by the compiler driver (gcc or
g++) to the linker you can use the -v option.