[xsd-users] Tool for documenting/visualizing C++ Tree Output

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Dec 8 03:09:35 EST 2017

Iain Sharp <isharp at atis.org> writes:

> Are there any tools that can automatically provide high-level diagrams
> of the classes and the available methods? I guess the obvious thing is
> to try doxygen [...]

Yes, Doxygen (--generate-doxygen option) is your best bet. You will
even have the documentation from the schema copied over. You can
see an example of what it looks like here:

https://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/hello/html/annotated.html

For more information on Doxygen support in C++/Tree, see Section 2.7
"Generating Documentation" in the C++/Tree Mapping Getting Started
Guide:

https://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/guide/#2.7