[xsd-users] Re: request for a special need

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Sep 26 09:37:21 EDT 2005

Marc,

Marc Florisson <marc.florisson at dryade.net> writes:

> I'd like to compile a XSD Schema expr.xsd (see attachment file).
> But there is a use of "mixed content model" in this schema, and I fail
> to produce the C++ classes.
>
> $ ./bin/xsd.exe cxx-tree ../schema/filter/1.0.0/expr.xsd
> ..\schema\filter\1.0.0\expr.xsd:57:39: error: mixed content model is not
> supported
> ..\schema\filter\1.0.0\expr.xsd:63:35: error: expected 'group',
> 'choice', 'sequence' or 'element' instead of 'any'
> ..\schema\filter\1.0.0\expr.xsd:69:38: error: mixed content model is not
> supported
>
> Could you please tell me if a patch is possible ?

We are planning to support mixed content model, xsd:any, xsd:anyAttribute,
xsd:anyType, and xsd:anySimpleType in version 1.5.0 which we plan to release
in about 3-4 weeks. If you would like to have it sooner and are willing to
pay, then let me know and we can discuss the details.

Also note that the above mentioned features will be supported in the "fall
back" manner by allowing you to access the corresponding "raw" DOM nodes.