[xsd-users] Serialization code doesn't seem to be generated

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Mar 15 08:15:52 EDT 2013

Hi Stephane,

Stephane Rolland <stephane.rolland.email at gmail.com> writes:

> But I thought, related to the documentation, that it was directly possible
> to serialize on std::ostream.

It is possible, via serialization functions.

> I don't feel like adding a global element in my xsd. I just want to define
> types, they are instanciated and used elsewhere as data containers.

In XML Schema, only global elements can be document roots. If you don't
define any, then none of your resulting XML fragments will be valid per
the schema. Plus, serialization functions also capture and create the
root element name and namespace, so that you don't have to specify it
manually every time you serialize.

> Any way thank you for your product Xsd. The Odb code generator is really
> good also.

Thanks, I am glad you like them.