[xsd-users] Specifying location of boost when building from all-in-one package

Charles Grant charlesegrant at me.com
Wed Jan 23 14:54:54 EST 2013

Hi Boris,

On Jan 23, 2013, at 4:36 AM, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Here is my reply from a few days ago to pretty much the same question:
>
> http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2013-January/003814.html

Thanks for your quick response!

I believe I've already tried that. My make command line is:

make \
  verbose=1 \
  CPPFLAGS="-I $HOME/projects/crux-percolator/src/external/include" \
  LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/projects/crux-percolator/src/external/lib"

The build does find the Xerces-C library in those directories, but it still uses the copy of Boost from /usr.

The first reference to the Boost libraries in the make output is:

echo "`cat /net/noble/vol1/home/cegrant/xsd-3.3.0-2+dep.cluster/libfrontend-elements/frontend-elements/frontend-elements.l` `cat /net/noble/vol1/home/cegrant/xsd-3.3.0-2+dep.cluster/libcult/cult/cult.l` /net/noble/vol1/home/cegrant/projects/crux-percolator/src/external/lib/libxerces-c.a /usr/lib64/libboost_filesystem.so /usr/lib64/libboost_system.so" | xargs -n 1 echo >>/net/noble/vol1/home/cegrant/xsd-3.3.0-2+dep.cluster/libxsd-frontend/xsd-frontend/xsd-frontend.l

which seems to confirm that the build is finding the correct Xerces libraries, but not the correct Boost libraries.

Interestingly, when I build XSD on another system that doesn't have Boost installed in /usr, and then the XSD build does find the copy of Boost in the specified directories.

Thanks for your help and I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Charles