[xsd-users] Specifying location of boost when building from all-in-one package

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 24 09:26:41 EST 2013

Hi Charles,

Charles Grant <charlesegrant at me.com> writes:

> make \
>   verbose=1 \
>   CPPFLAGS="-I $HOME/projects/crux-percolator/src/external/include" \
>   LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/projects/crux-percolator/src/external/lib"
>
> The build does find the Xerces-C library in those directories, but
> it still uses the copy of Boost from /usr.

Can you verify a few things:

1. You are doing a full rebuild.

2. Can you check if the required Boost libraries are actually in
   $HOME/projects/crux-percolator/src/external/lib?

   Oftentimes, Boost library names include suffixes that contain
   various information like compiler name and version, etc. If
   that's the case, then you will need to use the BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX
   variable to specify the suffix.