[xsde-users] Build warning due to incompatible wchar_t size.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jan 22 05:52:33 EST 2021

Hi Alexandre,

CHABOCHE Alexandre <alexandre.chaboche at trixell-thalesgroup.com> writes:

> I have a VxWorks 7 project using the libxsde and when I build it I
> have the following warning message : "libxsde.a(genx.o) uses 2-byte
> wchar_t yet the output is to use 4-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t
> values across objects may fail".

That's strange: I looked through the recent source code of genx and
it does not use wchar_t anywhere. Which version of XSD/e are you
using?

> Until now I was only a user of this library, I never built it but
> this error make me think that may be I will have to rebuild it in
> the way to get the good wchar_t size configured. So my question is
> if it's possible to configure it during the library build?

My guess is that libxsde.a was built with an older version of the
compiler and a simple rebuild with the same version (and options)
that you are using to build your application should help.

Best regards,