[xsde-users] Build warning due to incompatible wchar_t size.

CHABOCHE Alexandre alexandre.chaboche at trixell-thalesgroup.com
Fri Jan 22 03:05:44 EST 2021

Hello,

I have a VxWorks 7 project using the libxsde and when I build it I have the following warning message : "libxsde.a(genx.o) uses 2-byte wchar_t yet the output is to use 4-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t values across objects may fail".

Until now I was only a user of this library, I never built it but this error make me think that may be I will have to rebuild it in the way to get the good wchar_t size configured. So my question is if it's possible to configure it during the library build?

Best regards

[Trixell]

Alexandre CHABOCHE
Embedded Software Engineer