[xsde-users] Migration from XSD to XSD/e

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Apr 5 07:11:04 EDT 2019

kelvin manoj <kelvinmanoj at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to migrate from XSD to XSD/e for the below project available in
> github. This I am doing for reducing the memory usage. XSD consuming lot of
> memory with xerces.
>
> So I believe if I migrate the project to XSD/e I can save some memory.

If the large memory consumption is due to loading of large XML files,
then streaming parsing/serialization in XSD might be a simpler solution.
See the 'streaming' example in examples/cxx/tree/.

> Is it possible to migrate the XSD to XSD/e if some application already
> using XSD. I don't wanted to modify the application code.

No, XSD and XSD/e have entirely different mappings (with different trade-
offs and benefits). You will most likely have to modify every part of your
application that deals with the object model.