[xsde-users] Disabling warnings from generated code

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 18 06:10:40 EST 2018

Vrijnsen, Jeroen <jeroen.vrijnsen at philips.com> writes:

> Looking into the cxx-hybrid help, I seem to have the following options
> to achieve this: either
>
>     (1) use '--prologue-file <file>' and '--epilogue-file <file>',
>         to add a list of '#pragma ignore <warning>' statements, or

Yes, this is the way to do it.

>     (2) use the '--disable-warning <id>' option.

No, this options suppresses XSD/e compiler's own warnings, not warnings
to be issued by the C++ compiler.

>    (1) The prologue/epilogue file is added to the <XsdType>.cxx/hxx
>        files, but not to the '-pimpl' and '-pskel' files.

>From the man page:

--hxx-prologue text
  Insert text at the beginning of the header file.

  For the C++/Hybrid mapping, the text argument can be optionally prefixed
  with a file key in the form key=text. The valid values for key are pskel
  (parser skeleton files), pimpl (parser implementation files), sskel
  (serializer skeleton files), simpl (serializer implementation files), and *
  (all files). If key is empty or not present then the text is used for the
  object model files only.