[xsde-users] Disabling warnings from generated code

Vrijnsen, Jeroen jeroen.vrijnsen at philips.com
Thu Jan 18 01:08:20 EST 2018

Hi,

We're currently using xsde-3.3.0.a8, cxx-hybrid. I have an issue regarding compiler warnings being reported: we compile our code with GCC 4.8.5, additional (interesting) options 'std=c++11 -Wall -Wextra -Wshadow'. The code that is being generated results in many compiler warnings (on -Wshadow), mainly on the generated pimpl and pskel codes. As I'm not interested in those warnings, I would like to disable warnings for these generated files.

Looking into the cxx-hybrid help, I seem to have the following options to achieve this: either

    (2) use the '--disable-warning <id>' option.

Experimenting with both options, I bump into issues:

   (1) The prologue/epilogue file is added to the <XsdType>.cxx/hxx files, but not to the '-pimpl' and '-pskel' files.

   (2) I'm not sure what to put for <id>: -Wshadow, shadow, quotes needed? I somewhere found a statement that 'all' should disable all warnings

Anyhow, none of the before achieve the desired result. So the question remains: how can I disable warnings for _all_ generated code, so including the pskel and pimpl files?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Vrijnsen