[xsde-users] Re: Bug?

Laurent Michel laurent1984 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:15:55 EST 2017

Btw, if you disable copy constructors, how do you serialize data then?
Because it can be that I have an xsd element made of a sequence of e.g.
strings that I would like to serialize. Since this has variable length, I
have no copy ctor for my element. Is xsd/e compatible with move
constructors?

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> Laurent Michel <laurent1984 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Regarding ICU and Xerces-c, I think you are wrong, because in order to
>> compile XSD/e, I needed to link against xerces-c. In order compile
>> xerces-c, I needed to link against icu (because for some reason linking
>> against iconv didn't work).
>
> I may very well be wrong, though, normally, we don't compile the XSD/e
> compiler (the only part in XSD/e that depends on Xerces-C++) for a mobile
> target. Instead we compile it for a "host development platform", such as
> Linux or Windows. We then use that compiler binary to generate C++ source
> code which you then cross-compile to your mobile target.
>
> It may be possible to run the XSD/e compiler natively on your phone.
> However, we don't test it and don't support it -- life is too short ;-).
>

>> Other question: I have noticed that sometimes the c++ code generated by
>> XSD/e contains classes with private copy constructors. In what cases do
you
>> generate such classes? In my case, I don't think it's making any sense.
The