[xsde-users] Wrong code generation with complicated imports

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 4 08:46:16 EST 2014

Hi Vladimir,

Vladimir Zykov <vladimir.zykov at doctormobile.us> writes:

> I look in parallel at both xsd and xsde and here is a problem I faced
> with xsde. In case of complicated imports in XML schema xsde generates
> non-compilable code. Example of such documents is in the attachment.

Without looking further into the attachment, let me suggest that you
try the file-per-type mode:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2008/02/13/codesynthesis-xsd-3-1-0-released/

This article talks about XSD but the same functionality is available
in XSD/e. A warning: for a large schema it may seem overwhelming at
first since you will end up with a set of source files for each schema
type. But that's the only sure way of dealing with schemas that have
circular inclusions/imports (other than fixing them).