[xsde-users] Wrong code generation with complicated imports

Vladimir Zykov vladimir.zykov at doctormobile.us
Tue Mar 4 06:58:02 EST 2014

Hi Boris,

I look in parallel at both xsd and xsde and here is a problem I faced with xsde. In case of complicated imports in XML schema xsde generates non-compilable code. Example of such documents is in the attachment. With a few tweaks in a Makefile it can be reproduced with a command 'make gen && make'.

And here is my question. Is it possible to fix this without changing schema files? I understand that the problem can be solved by refactoring original XML schemas but this is what I want to avoid at all costs. The schemas that I deal with are huge and massive changes in them will make it very hard to switch to a new version of those schemas.

Thanks.

Vladimir Zykov
Software Engineer
Doctor Mobile, LLC