[xsde-users] XSDE binding for Google Earth KML

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Sep 11 06:10:23 EDT 2013

Hi Nikita,

Nikita Visnevski <nikita_visnevski at hotmail.com> writes:

> The first couple I have seen before, except in this case I am not sure
> which KML element is better suited to be declared as a root.

It looks like the root element of all KML documents is called 'kml':

--root-element kml

> The second problem I am unfamiliar with.  Anybody can advise?

You need to map the XML namespace to C++ namespace with the help
of the --namespace-map, just like suggested by the diagnostics:

--namespace-map http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1=kml_2_1

You will also want to turn on polymorphism support with
--generate-polymorphic since this schema uses polymorphism.