[xsde-users] XSDE binding for Google Earth KML

Nikita Visnevski nikita_visnevski at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:04:24 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

I am just wondering if anyone succeeded in compiling an XSDE binding for Google Earth kml21.xsd?  When I attempt it, I get the following output:

kml\kml21.xsd: warning H003: generating aggregate types for 40 global elements
kml\kml21.xsd: info: use --root-element-* options to specify document root(s)
kml\kml21.xsd:3:203: error: unable to map XML Schema namespace 'http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1' to C++ namespace
kml\kml21.xsd:3:203: info: use the --namespace-map or --namespace-regex option to provide custom mapping

The first couple I have seen before, except in this case I am not sure which KML element is better suited to be declared as a root.  The second problem I am unfamiliar with.  Anybody can advise?

I am attaching the kml schema and my xsde options file.  This is the command I am using to build:

C:\src\xml>"%XSDE_ROOT%\bin\xsde.exe" cxx-hybrid --options-file xsde.build.options kml21.xsd

Thanks a bunch

Nikita