[xsde-users] XML parsing on a LPC4357 ARM environment fails

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 7 10:29:09 EDT 2013

Hi Marwijn,

Marwijn Hessel <Marwijn.Hessel at Alten.nl> writes:

> scale="1.0"
>
> The second example does not give any exception (or likewise), it triggers a
> hard fault. Which means the CPU is crashed.

One difference that I noticed between the two examples is the presence
of a floating point value (scale) in the second example. This also
happens to be a tricky area in embedded systems with soft/hard float
support. The symptoms also fit (i.e., a target crash). So you may
want to make sure your build your application and the XSD/e runtime
with the correct floating-point compiler flags.

> In the attachment you find the XSD and XML files we want to use in the
> project. The XSD/e version we use is v3.2.0.

Thanks for the test case. I built it on my x86 Linux box and both
fragments parse without any problems. I also ran it under valgrind
which showed no memory-related issues whatsoever.