[xsde-users] (no subject)

Michael Powell mwpowellhtx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 09:08:19 EDT 2013

Hello,

General-ish question(s) concerning http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/.

#1) Am I correct in understanding that xsde is akin to an
Xml-compiler-compiler, type thing?

  * In other words, given an Xml document, the "Xsd" is inferred and
exposed, but the model is static. If we want another model, we isolate
it, and that's model #2. And so on.

  * In other words, not extensible, not general purpose? Which is a
completely different Xml library animal.

#2) We are targeting ArchLinux for ARM. How is xsde at cross compiling
as a static library (preferred), or where does it run?

  * Provided my understanding of #1 is accurate, I would have to say
that we build it first on the development host platform (so, against
x86 Ubuntu Linux).

  * But which xsde-generated code may be integrated and cross-compiled.

Thanks much...

Regards,

Michael Powell