[xsde-users] Does anyone have a working iOS project?

Tom Laws tom at ntbti.com
Tue Mar 20 15:30:23 EDT 2012

I got the binary .a file working in XCode 4 (thanks to Boris), and
used the binary to create the hxx and cxx files from my XSD source. I
created a new project as-per the readme for iOS, linked to the binary
and put in the search path for the xsde headers and included my hxx
file. And then I compiled and everything blew up.....

First I got about 5 'string' not found errors pointing to

#include <string>

These were in several files and setting these to string.h and saving
seems to have fixed it. Next were several 'iterator' issues of the
same type. I set these to iterator.h same as string.h but these ones
persist so not sure where I can find iterator.h to include

There are dozens more errors like

zz/libxsde/xsde/cxx/buffer.hxx:13:1: error: unknown type name 'namespace' [1]
 namespace xsde

and

zz/libxsde/xsde/cxx/buffer.hxx:13:15: error: expected ';' after top
level declarator [1]
 namespace xsde

I tried instead of my own XSD rendered files using the helloworld
example and they likewise blew up.

I'm happy to post as many as we need, but I guess what I would really
like is a functioning XCode project someone has created I can see
where the heck I am going so wrong with things. I noticed on the list
before someone has successfully got things working, so is there a
place I can pull the actual XCode project from to see it? I would
really like to use this library but I'm not sure why I am having such
difficulty working with it.

Thanks and please let me know what more information is required.