[xsde-users] standard xml import

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 26 07:44:52 EST 2012

Hi Jeff,

Sia Jeffry Saputra <ssaptura at sta.samsung.com> writes:

> From what I read through the site, xsde doesn't support remote schema
> import, so it need to use the --location-map flag to point to local
> files.

That's correct.

> The code is generated fine but in the pcc.hxx required "xml.hxx".
> So I think this means I need to generate the code for the "xml.xsd" also.

Yes, in the file-per-schema mode (the default) you compile each included
or imported schema separately and the resulting C++ headers will be
included using the C++ preprocessor #include directive. In the file-per-
type mode you only need to compile the root schema, however, using this
mode is not recommended (except for certain cases) since it results in
a large number of files and much slower C++ compilation.

> I am just wondering do we really need to generate files also for all
> these standards xml schema??

Yes, you do. xml.xsd is not "standard" in the sense that it is not part
of the XML Schema specification (unlike, say, the built-in XML Schema
namespace which is included in each generated file automatically). So
the XSD/e compiler treats it like any other schema.