[xsde-users] VS 2005 compiler problem

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 25 09:07:28 EST 2012

Hi Anthony,

Farmer, Anthony <AFarmer at cantorgaming.com> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I compiled v3.2 for Windows using the documented XSDE build process
> (nmake) and it works fine. But I need a Visual Studio 2005 .project
> file that does the build as well, so I created one but it doesn't
> quite work.  The following error is generated:
>
> 1> xsde\cxx\parser\validating\any-simple-type.hxx(38) : error C2555: ...

You have added a wrong source file to your project. You need
any-simple-type-stl.cxx instead of any-simple-type.cxx. To make sure
you have correct files in your project, I suggest that you do the
following:

1. Using the same configuration (config.nmake) as you are using for
   your project file, run the nmake-based build and capture its
   output.

2. Make sure that your project file only contains source files that
   are presents in the above output.

As I mentioned in my earlier emails, there are ways to automate this.
The above steps are the simplest (though most laborious) way to makes
sure your project is correct.