[xsde-users] Re: Overriding validation of empty elements

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 16 10:13:36 EDT 2011

Hi Klaus,

[I've CC'ed the xsde-users mailing list again in case someone else will
 have a similar question in the future.]

Cinibulk, Klaus <klaus.cinibulk at siemens.com> writes:

> Does the XSD/e code generator support "nillable" for xs:integer and
> xs:int and xs:float?

No, XSD/e does not support the nillable feature. For reasons why we don't
support it, see this post in the archives:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsde-users/2011-February/000332.html

However, you can handle nil elements using the same approach as I outlines
in my previous reply:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsde-users/2011-May/000380.html

You will just need to override the _attribute() callback and check for
the nil attribute there:

virtual void
_attribute (const ro_string& ns,
            const ro_string& name,