[xsde-users] Error building xsde 3.0.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Mar 17 14:27:12 EDT 2011

Hi Dol,

Dol Guldur <dolguldur49 at hotmail.com> writes:

> I recently tried to build xsde for an embedded linux (on ppc440) target
> using the ELDK g++ cross compiler (version 4.2.2).
>
> This is an extract of what we get during the building process :
>
> /home/pi21/eldklinux/ppc_4xx/usr/include/c++/4.2.2/bits/stringfwd.h:68:
> error: '_GLIBCXX_END_NAMESPACE' does not name a type

There seems to be a problem in the standard C++ library (STL) in your
ELDK distribution. _GLIBCXX_END_NAMESPACE macro should have been defined
by

/home/pi21/eldklinux/ppc_4xx/usr/include/c++/4.2.2/ppc-linux/bits/c++-config.h

You can verify this by trying to compile a simple program like this:

#include <string>

int main ()
{
  std::string str ("test");
}

You should see the same errors as when building libxsde.

It is also possible to disable the use of STL/iostream in XSD/e. For
that you will need to set the following configuration variables in
config/config.make to 'n':

XSDE_STL
XSDE_IOSTREAM