[xsde-users] memory management of variable-length elements?

Sebastian Friebe Sebastian.Friebe at xfab.com
Fri Jun 24 02:18:58 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I got a lot of variable length elements in my schema.
Code generation works fine with following flags:
cxx-hybrid --generate-parser --generate-serializer --no-long-long --generate-aggregate --generate-clone

Is there any flag to generate delete functionality into the destructors of such elements? Is there a better way to safely free the memory allocated for the pointers, without using custom allocators?

The hybrid manual just says 'the object model expects you to allocate such an object with operator new and will <eventually> delete it with operator delete.

What means eventually in this case?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards,
Sebastian

SPAM and Virus prevention by Barracuda Network Solutions