[xsde-users] Segmentation fault for choice in large project

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Jun 4 19:35:07 EDT 2011

Hi Adrian,

I am CC'ing the xsde-users mailing list back to our discussion in
case someone else runs into this problem.

Adrian Garcea <adrian.garcea at googlemail.com> writes:

> I tried further to debug it. Unfortunately I didn't get very far.
> I'm sending you the problematic schema with a c++ program, that tries to
> parse an xml file "Test.xml".
>
> Please read the README.txt file for further details.

Thanks for the test case. I tried it on my GNU/Linux box and it ran
without any problems. I also tried it under valgrind to see if there
are any invalid memory accesses (which may not always lead to a seg
fault) but everything runs cleanly.

Then I tried on QNX. I don't have your exact configuration. Rather,
I have QNX 6.4.0 with the gcc 4.2.4 toolchain. I also couldn't use
qcc at this time (had something to do with a copied VM). So I used
gcc/g++ instead and had to modify these three lines in your
config.make:

CC       := qcc
CXX      := qcc
CXXFLAGS := -W -Wall -O3 -Y_gpp -lang-c++

To read:

CC       := gcc
CXX      := g++
CXXFLAGS := -W -Wall -O3

Otherwise I used your config.make unchanged. I am also pretty sure
that qcc underneath runs gcc/g++ command lines that are very similar.
With all this the test runs on QNX without any issues as well.

In this light I suggest that you try the above changes and see if this
makes any difference in your setup.

If it doesn't then this seems to be an issue with the toolchain. You
may wan to try to progressively lower the optimization level (O2, O1,
O0) to see if it makes any difference. If that doesn't help either,
you may want to check if an older version of gcc is available for
your target that you may try.