[xsde-users] Query regarding xsde/e for iOS

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 27 10:48:30 EDT 2011

Hi Madhuri,

Madhuri Kalkhamb <madhurikalkhamb at gmail.com> writes:

> I just have query regarding compiling my schemas to C++ with the XSD/e
> compiler (xsd-x-y.z/xsde)
> which is mentioned in the read me file for iOS.
> How can I get those C++ files to include to my sample iphone application?
> Please provide me steps to compile my schema to C++ with the XSD/e compiler
> or any sample application which is using this library on iOS platform.

The simplest way to compile your schemas is to open a terminal and run
something like this (here .../bin/xsde refers to the path to the XSD/e
compiler inside the XSD/e distribution):

.../bin/xsde cxx-hybrid --generate-parser --generate-serializer --generate-aggregate myfile.xsd

This will produce a set of C++ files:

Object model:

myfile.hxx
myfile.cxx

Parser skeletons and implementations:

myfile-pskle.hxx
myfile-pskle.cxx
myfile-pimpl.hxx
myfile-pimpl.cxx

Serializer skeletons and implementations:

myfile-sskle.hxx
myfile-sskle.cxx
myfile-simpl.hxx
myfile-simpl.cxx

Copy these files to your XCode project's directory and add them to the
project.