[xsde-users] visual studio project

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu May 13 09:51:30 EDT 2010

Hi Terence,

Ramos, Terence <TRamos at cantorgaming.com> writes:

> I'm trying to create a windows mobile 5.0 and a win32 visual studio 2005
> project for xsde 3.1.0. I created an empty project for Windows Mobile
> 5.0 and win32 and added in all the source from libxsde and also added
> that as an additional include.

It won't be easy to build the XSD/e runtime library with a VS project.
That's the reason why we use nmakefiles for that. The VS projects are
just not powerful/customizable enough. Have you considered building
libxsde using the standard method (that is, via nmake)?

Generally, the libxsde build consists of the following steps:

1. The libxsde/xsde/config.h file is generated based on the
   configuration read from config/config.nmake. This file
   contains #define's for various configuration parameters
   that are, in most cases, named the same as variables in
   config.nmake.

2. Based on on the configuration read from config/config.nmake,
   nmakefile creates a list of files that will be compiled and
   included into the resulting library. Certain files are only
   include if particular configuration parameters are enabled
   or disabled.

It may be possible to create a VS project that builds the XSD/e
runtime library for a specific configuration. For that you will
need to create the config.h file manually (or use one created
with the recommended build process). Then you will need to add
to the project file all the C and C++ files that are compiled
in this configuration. To figure out which files to include you
will need to study libxsde/xsde/nmakefile.

> 1>c:\tramos\work\xsde-3.1.0-i686-windows\libxsde\xsde\cxx\hybrid\cdr\ist
> ream.hxx(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'ace/CDR_Stream.h': No such file or directory

That's because the istream.cxx file is only compiled if XSE_CDR
configuration parameter is on.

> 1>parser-map.cxx
>
> 1>c:\tramos\work\xsde-3.1.0-i686-windows\libxsde\xsde\cxx\parser\map.ixx
> (30) : error C2039: '_dynamic_type' : is not a member of
> 'xsde::cxx::parser::parser_base'

Again, this file is only used when polymorphism is enabled.

> 1>
> c:\tramos\work\xsde-3.1.0-i686-windows\libxsde\xsde\cxx\parser\elements.
> hxx(41) : see declaration of 'xsde::cxx::parser::parser_base'
>
> 1>sequence.cxx
>

> For the windows mobile 5.0 platform  I'm getting these errors:
>

> 1>..\..\libxsde\xsde\c\expat\xmltok_impl.c(90) : error C2061: syntax
> error : identifier 'scanComment'

xmltok_impl.c should not be explicitly compiled. It is included into
the other file. See libxsde/xsde/nmakefile for details.