[xsde-users] Re: XSDE Execution Problems under Fedora Linux 64-bit

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 26 13:08:06 EST 2010

Hi Bob,

In the future please send emails regarding XSD/e to:

xsde-users at codesynthesis.com

instead of:

xsde-users-owner at codesynthesis.com

Since that's the correct mailing list address.

Bob.Oneil at L-3Com.com <Bob.Oneil at L-3Com.com> writes:

> Probably a newbie question, but when I do the initial install of
> "xsde-3.1.0-i686-linux-gnu" to build the libraries under Fedora Linux
> 64-bit, although the xsde libraries seem to build without problems, the
> makefile
>
> does not run through completion and errors out anytime the "xsde" binary
> is invoked to generate the files based on the underlying .xsd.   This is
> true as well when the file xsde is copied to /usr/local/bin.
>

> I get "Command not found" in the make file when invoking
>

> ../../../../../bin/xsde: Command not found
>

> When I invoke gcc make in the Hello folder, I get a similar response.
> When I hardcode the path to the xsde binary, I get ""/lib/ld-linux.so.2:
> bad ELF interpreter:"
>

> Is the xsde binary distributed with the package compatible with Fedora
> Linux 10, 64-bit, or does it need to be rebuilt or Yum installed from a
> repository?

> When I hardcode the path to the xsde binary, I get ""/lib/ld-linux.so.2:
> bad ELF interpreter:"

Normally the error above means that you don't have 32-bit glibc installed
and as a result are not able to run 32-bit applications (xsde in this
package is a 32-bit Linux binary).

If for some reason you can't install 32-bit glibc then I can build you a
64-bit xsde binary.