[xsde-users] Compiling xsde.lib on Windows without using nmake

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 11 02:40:18 EST 2010

Hi Jeroen,

Jeroen de Leeuw <jeroendeleeuw at gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to compile the xsde.lib under Windows, without the
> installation of MS Visual Studio 20XX, using the open source IDE
> Eclipse (CDT) with the GNU toolchain?

You should be able to compile the XSD/e runtime library with the
GNU toolchain on Windows (though with GNU the resulting library
will be named libxsde.a instead of xsde.lib). You will need to
follow the "GNU make" instructions in the INSTALL file.

Once this is done you can use Eclipse CDT to build examples or
your application. Here are the instructions on how to setup the
schema compilation with XSD/e in Eclipse:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsde-users/2009-October/000153.html

Let me know if you run into any problems.