[xsde-users] Error with Build Environment? 'windows.h' file not found; host:Windows target: VxWorks 5.5.1

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 27 14:22:31 EDT 2010

Hi Terry,

O'Laughlin, Terry <Terry.O'Laughlin at ipc.com> writes:

> Windows host
> VxWorks 5.5.1 (860PPC) target
> Config\Config.make  : I've copied the etc\vxworks\config-5.5.1.make
>
> When trying to build the libxsde library on my host platform for the
> target environment, I receive an error that 'windows.h' cannot be
> included: no file or directory.

To things to double-check:

1. In your config/config.make, XSDE_PLATFORM is set to posix.

2. You are running make (comes with the VxWorks dev environment) and
   not Microsoft nmake to build libxsde. This can be confusing if you
   use VC++ for development: you build VC++ version of libxsde with
   nmake (and config/config.nmake is used) while you build VxWorks
   version of libxsde with make (and config/config.make is used).