[xsde-users] Cross-compilation libxsde for PPC under vxWorks

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Apr 20 11:06:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

Jaws <jaws75 at tiscali.it> writes:

> I have started with the xsde compiler on a Linux machine using the
> binary distribution to see the example and to prototype the code for my
> application. Everything went well.
> Now I have to use the code for the real target: PPC processor on vxWorks.
> I need to cross-compile the run-time library but It is not clear how  to
> proceed.

You would still use a binary distribution for that. For example, if your
VxWorks cross-compiler is on Linux, then you will need a Linux XSD/e
binary. If it is on Windows, then you will use the Windows binary.

The binary distribution contains the source code for the runtime library
(libxsde) as well as the build system that supports cross-compilation.
For VxWorks, you will use GNU make (which is part of the VxWorks
toolchain), just like on Linux. You can also find a number of sample
configuration files for VxWorks in the etc/vxworks/ directory of the
XSD/e distribution. You can use one of them as a base for your own
configuration. There are also comments at the beginning of each
configuration file with more information (e.g., how to 'munch' the
examples or your application if you are using iostream, etc).

Let us know if you run into any problems.