[xsde-users] Parsing for the substitutionGroup

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 14 08:59:53 EST 2008

Hi Ninh Tran,

Ninh Tran Dang <tdninh at tma.com.vn> writes:

> I currently use the XSDe as a part of my program. I have difficulty with
> parsing the NETCONF schema using the substitutionGroup definition.

XML Schema polymorphism (xsi:type and substitution groups) are not
yet supported in XSD/e though we are planning to add this support
in the next release which is scheduled for the end of April.

Another alternative would be to use XSD instead of XSD/e. The
C++/Parser mapping in XSD supports polymorphism, see Section
5.4, "Support for Polymorphism" in the C++/Parser Getting
Started Guide:

http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/parser/guide/#5.4

Yet another alternative would be for us to implement support for
polymorphism in XSD/e and provide you with a custom binary before
the official release (this shouldn't take more than a few weeks).
This option is only available on the commercial basis with a
proprietary license or priority support contract for XSD/e.