[xsde-users] Parsing for the substitutionGroup

Ninh Tran Dang tdninh at tma.com.vn
Thu Feb 14 08:10:09 EST 2008

Dear Support Team,

I currently use the XSDe as a part of my program. I have difficulty with
parsing the NETCONF schema using the substitutionGroup definition. Some
skeletons for elements like: "startup", "running". defined as members of
"config-name" substitutionGroup cannot be generated. Could you give me a
hand on answering it?

Beside, I found that the parser skeletons generated from the
substitutionGroup like: rpcOperation is the object-oriented relation. All
editConfigType_pskel or getConfigType_pskel skeletons are the subclasses of
the rpcOperationType_pskel class. And I have difficult to decide which
parser class should be added to the rpcType_pimpl parser when initializing
the parsing process. Because I don't know in advance whether the type of the
xml element is the get-config or edit-config element in order to assign the
corresponding parser implementation to the rpcOperationType_pimpl parser.

I also think about the workaround solution is to pre-process the xml
document to recognize the type of the element, but it seems that is not the
good choice. So have you got any experience on processing this case?

I really appreciate if you can figure out my concerns.

Thank You,

Ninh Tran.