[xsde-users] about your install document

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 11 12:15:57 EDT 2007

Hi Yingzhao,

Zhou, Yingzhao <Yingzhao.Zhou at nectech.co.uk> writes:

> There is a an sentence saying " link your executables with the
> libxsde\xsde\xsde.lib library" on second page. But I cannot find this
> xsde.lib in the corresponding directory. Is there any problem with the
> package I downloaded? Could you help me with this question?

You will need to build the xsde.lib library before you can link your
application. The INSTALL.txt file explains how to configure and build
this library (also called XSD/e runtime) for your target device. As
explaining in INSTALL.txt, to configure the runtime you will need
to edit the build\config.nmake file. You can find a number of sample
configuration files in the etc\ directory. Then you can follow the
instructions in the "Microsoft nmake" section to build xsde.lib.
There is also additional information for eVC++ 4.0 and Visual
Studio 2005 after this section.

If you are still having problems building xsde.lib, please let us know
which toolchain you are using (eVC++, Visual Studio 2005, etc.) and what
is your target platform and CPU architecture.

hth,
-boris