[xsde-users] Urgent Information required

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Apr 16 04:05:10 EDT 2007

Hi Omer,

I've CC'ed the xsde-users mailing list to my reply so that others
can benefit from this information.

Omer Anjum <omer.anjum at tut.fi> writes:

> Thanks for such valuable information to me. One more question i want
> to ask is that as at the moment I am interested in the size of XSDe
> code i am going to burn in my system memory. It seems to be 250 and
> 222Kb. Is it possible to reduce it further to less then 100Kb.

It could be possible if your toolchain generates a much tighter code
than the vanilla g++-2.95 which was used to obtain these numbers. It
also depends on what kind of vocabulary you are planning to handle.
For example, a validating executable for a very simple vocabulary
(see examples/cxx/parser/minimal) compiled with eVC++ 4.0 is 120Kb.
I think if you disable validating it will get below 100Kb.

With g++-2.95, however, I don't think it will be possible. Just a
conforming non-validating XML parser with a simple SAX interface will
be greater than 100Kb, let alone schema validation and data binding.

hth,
-boris