[xsd-users] Problem for parsing CityGML using xsd v4.1.0.a11

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Dec 13 06:28:38 EST 2021

Miao Wang <miaowang.tw at gmail.com> writes:

> Finally, I success in building XSD after modifying the followings for
> [config.build]:
>
> [...] And disable warning 4819 for encoding problem

Could you provide more detail on what was the issue that made you add
/wd4819? The text of the actual warning from the compiler would be
ideal.

> 2. config.install.root=C:/xsd     //( not C:\xsd as in the instruction)

Hm, again, this works fine for me and for others. What was the issue
that made you change this?

On a more general note, it's not very helpful so say "something went
wrong and I managed to work around it by changing X to Y". Clearly I
would like to fix this so that the workaround is not necessary but
you are not providing any information on what actually went wrong.

> Then the c++ code for CityGML 2.0 was generated using the newly built
> Ver. 4.2.0-b.3. When compiling the generated code using MSVC, it shows the
> error at the generated .hxx files:
> C1083: 'xsd/cxx/pre.hxx': No such file or directory
> I searched the xsd folder and cannot find [pre.hxx].

Hm, are they not in C:\xsd\{debug,release}\include\xsd\cxx\ ?

Did you perform the steps in 2.3 "Building XSD Runtime Library":

https://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/doc/install-build2.xhtml#windows-libxsd

?

> So I copy the folder xsd, which contains cxx/pre.hxx, from libxsd of Ver.
> 4.0.4. (I know this is not correct, but I did it for Ver. 4.1 ).

No, this is not going to work: you cannot mix generated code and runtime
library from different versions. That check and error are there to prevent
exactly that.