[xsd-users] Modify XSD compiler

Wesley Peters Wesley.Peters at tachyon.com
Mon Feb 4 13:25:30 EST 2013

I'm working on an application where one of our use cases involves a run-time statistics logging server.  The design of the server is quite simple, it is fed a stream of objects in queue; these objects are coded in XML by XSD for transport.  When the server retrieves the object, it's job is to inject the objects into a MongoDB database.  I started looking at deriving classes for each object type from the ones created by the XSD compiler, adding in the calls to store the object into MongoDB, but it struck me it should be possible to add code to the XSD compiler to also generate the MongoDB "serialization" code.

Is this an approach other XSD users have employed?  Do you have any documentation on the internals of the compiler?  Where would I start looking in the source tree to see where your code is walking the parse trees and generating the encoding methods?

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and is confidential and/or privileged. If you and we have a confidentiality agreement or other non-disclosure obligations between us, this Notice shall be deemed to mark and identify the content of this email and any attachments as confidential and proprietary. If any reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from your system. Thank you.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, please be advised that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used or relied upon, and cannot be used or relied upon, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

E-mail is susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.