[xsd-users] xsd 1.5.0 released

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 31 01:28:56 EST 2005

James,

James Boyden <jboyden at geosci.usyd.edu.au> writes:

> Since xsd must know which elements/attributes are invalid (since it is
> performing the checks), would it be possible for xsd to provide more
> verbose, descriptive errors which specify the invalid elements/attributes
> by name?

At the moment xsd uses Xerces-C++ to perform schema validation.
So most diagnostics messages come from Xerces, not xsd. I agree
that this particular message is not very descriptive. I will check
if I can replace it with something more meaningful. Unfortunately,
I don't think I will be able to show which elements/attributes caused
the error. Unless we implement our own diagnostics, that is ;-).