[xsd-users] xsd 1.5.0 released

James Boyden jboyden at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Sun Oct 30 06:03:06 EST 2005

On Friday, Oct 28, Boris Kolpackov wrote:

> That's the same errors that I told you about in this email:
>
> http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2005-October/000069.html

Ah, thanks.  I must have not noticed the attachment (containing the exact
same errors, even in the same order!) when I read that email last time.

> I think the right way to get rid of them is to fix the schemas. One
> needs to know the semantics of the types involved, but generally there
> are two ways to fix this:
>
>  1. Get rid of "new" elements/attribute so the restriction is valid.
>
>  2. Change "restriction" to "extension". This may result in additional
>     errors if the type involved is, in turn, used in another restriction.
>     The following example illustrates this case:

Since xsd must know which elements/attributes are invalid (since it is
performing the checks), would it be possible for xsd to provide more
verbose, descriptive errors which specify the invalid elements/attributes
by name?  Then it would be much more straight-forward to fix the problems
directly.

--
 James Boyden <jboyden at geosci.usyd.edu.au>
   GPlates Programmer and Keeper of the Flame,