[xsd-users] Re: Problem during compilation of generated files

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 17 11:42:35 EDT 2005

Pradipta,

De, Pradipta <pde at seic.com> writes:

> 	I don't know whether I am missing something, but is there a way
> to do the reverse of what you are doing right now? (XML -> Class) what
> about (Class -> XML?), have you provided any API for the same?

Sure, we call it serialization (as opposed to parsing). You can look at
examples/cxx/tree/library for the code sample and at the "C++/Tree
Serialization Guide" for documentation:

http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/serialization

Also note that the serialization code is optional and you will need to
specify --generate-serialization when invoking xsd.