[odb-users] Help Building ODB on RHEL 8.8

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Mar 13 08:41:37 EDT 2024

Tyler Lytle <tlytle123 at gmail.com> writes:

> # bpkg build libodb-mysql ?sys:libmysqlclient ?sys:libcrypto ?sys:libz
> ?sys:libssl || exit 1
>
> The error that this produces (using the -V option) is as follows:
>
> 1041 package(s) in 3 repository(s)
> info: dir{libodb-2.5.0-b.25/} is up to date
> updated libodb/2.5.0-b.25
> mkdir ./.bpkg/tmp/
> LC_ALL=C dnf list --all --cacheonly --quiet community-mysql-devel rpm
> error: no installed system package for libmysqlclient
>   info: specify --sys-install to try to install it
>   info: specify libmysqlclient/* if package is not installed with system
> package manager
>   info: specify --sys-no-query to disable system package manager
> interactions
> rmdir -r ./.bpkg/tmp/
>
> I have dug around in the sqlite3 database and noticed that it is looking
> for an RPM called "community-mysql-devel" for a Fedora system. I understand
> that Fedora and RedHat are similar, but they are not the same. There is no
> "community-mysql-devel" RPM available for RedHat. There is only
> "mysql-devel".

Ah, thanks for pointing this out, we will update the mapping for RHEL.

> Is there a way to specify configurations to tell build2 to look for
> "mysql-devel" instead of "community-mysql-devel"?

There isn't but you can sidestep the issue by installing the mysql-devel
package yourself and then using ?sys:libmysqlclient/* instead, which
essentially tell bpkg to assume the system package is already installed
and its version should match any constraint (this, BTW, was one of the
suggestions in the diagnostics above).