[odb-users] Help Building ODB on RHEL 8.8

Tyler Lytle tlytle123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 18:01:31 EDT 2024

Hello ODB!

I am having trouble compiling ODB on my RHEL 8.8 machine. I compiled and
used ODB 2.5.0-b.21 on my RHEL 8.5 machine just fine for a while. My shop
recently upgraded to RHEL 8.8 and I re-ran the commands to download the
latest-and-greatest ODB packages and now I cannot get it to build ODB
2.5.0-b.25.

The command that is causing the issue is follows:

# bpkg build libodb-mysql ?sys:libmysqlclient ?sys:libcrypto ?sys:libz
?sys:libssl || exit 1

The error that this produces (using the -V option) is as follows:

1041 package(s) in 3 repository(s)
info: dir{libodb-2.5.0-b.25/} is up to date
updated libodb/2.5.0-b.25
mkdir ./.bpkg/tmp/
LC_ALL=C dnf list --all --cacheonly --quiet community-mysql-devel rpm
error: no installed system package for libmysqlclient
  info: specify --sys-install to try to install it
  info: specify libmysqlclient/* if package is not installed with system
package manager
  info: specify --sys-no-query to disable system package manager
interactions
rmdir -r ./.bpkg/tmp/

I have dug around in the sqlite3 database and noticed that it is looking
for an RPM called "community-mysql-devel" for a Fedora system. I understand
that Fedora and RedHat are similar, but they are not the same. There is no
"community-mysql-devel" RPM available for RedHat. There is only
"mysql-devel".

I can get this to compile if I get inside that sqlite database and remove a
lot of this configuration. However, I suspect that is not a very good idea.

Is there a way to specify configurations to tell build2 to look for
"mysql-devel" instead of "community-mysql-devel"?

Thank you for your help.

--
Tyler Lytle
E-Mail: tlytle123 at gmail.com