[odb-users] Inserting CLOB greater having size greater then 12288

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 17 08:09:13 EST 2024

roberto minarelli <roberto.minarelli.de at gmail.com> writes:

> on version 2.4.0 but with different OS and compiler (g++ 7.3.1) it works
> fine
> on versione 2.5.0-b-23 with g++ 8.5.0 and OS OL 8.7 it does not on insert
> and update, but it works when I try to load an object that has the the Lob
> length > 12288

Hm, interesting. The bug is then most likely either in some changes in
libodb-oracle or in the generated code.

I looked through the libodb-oracle changelog and the only commit that
stood out is this one:

https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/libodb-oracle/commit/?id=76a03fd7964b85cdc1a903df79bfd47711c720e9

With the following commit making the corresponding changes in the ODB
compiler:

https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/odb/commit/?id=858b2d37950c33cdf076382849de952ea44d7779

I think there is a very good change that this where the regression is.
Could you review it and see if you can spot anything amiss?

Regarding the generated code, you may want to diff the 2.4.0 vs 2.5.0
*-odb.?xx files and see if there is anything else that could cause this
regression.