[odb-users] ODB requires x++11

Justin Armstrong justinarmstrong at vectormagnetics.com
Tue Jul 18 10:33:23 EDT 2023

Hi,

We use ODB for a couple of projects, we have a few 10000 line perpetual licenses.

The requirement for c++11 is becoming a bit problematic as other 3rd party code bases that we use require c++17 and 17 does not support smart pointers which are used in ODB. Is there a plan to update to a newer version of c++? Or do you have any other suggestions for dealing with this issue?

Of course we could wrap the ODB code but that would be a bit of work and additional overhead.

Best,

Justin

Vector Magnetics