[odb-users] Issue building the sqlite library as part of sqlite specific library build for odb.

andrew.herridge at btinternet.com andrew.herridge at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 25 16:02:36 EST 2023

Hi,

Probably doing something stupid but I am struggling with building the sqlite
library using the instructions in README file beginning 'This directory
contains project/solution files for building SQLite libraries

with Microsoft Visual Studio versions 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.' This is an
integral part of building the db specific library for sqlite so I am a bit
stuck.

I have retrieved the 'sqlite3.c', 'sqlite3.h' and sqlite3.def files and
copied them alongside the solution as instructed. When I then try to build
the library using the solution contained in '/etc/sqlite' using VS 2022, I
get 54 errors (LNK2001 unresolved external). I am using VS 2022 (VS17) as
previously mentioned, so I am unsure if this is the issue, but if it is
standard c/c++ I would have thought it would build.

As I say I am probably missing something stupid so any pointers would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Andy Herridge