[xsd-users] Cross compile c++ classes to use in openwrt

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 11 07:12:49 EDT 2015

Hi Micael,

Micael Santos <msantos at isaenergy.pt> writes:

> One curious fact is that when I installed the xerces library it also
> installed uclibc++ as dependency needed.

If Xerces-C++ was built to use uclibc++ as a standard library,
then you need to make sure your application is also built to
use this library. Having different standard libraries used by
parts of your application is exactly the kind of situation that
would lead to a seg fault.  Run ldd on your resulting executable
and make sure you don't see both uclibc++ and libstdc++.

Another thing to check is that you don't terminate the Xerces-C++
runtime too early, if you are initializing it yourself.

But the best way, of course, is to fire up gdb and find out
exactly what's going on (i.e., the stack trace) instead of
guessing.