[xsd-users] how to compile utilizing a non-standard location of xerces

vinai for_usenet at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 10:47:49 EST 2013

Hi All,

We are building an application that has XSD as a dependency, and we'd like to distribute to others.  Our application is to be installed onto a linux controller PC where it would be best not to touch software installed in system locations.

We are trying to package up all dependencies into a single directory that would contain all necessary additional software, and could be installed to a location that does not require system privileges.  This directory would have its own bin, lib, include, etc directories, and the systems we are targeting do not have installations of XSD or xerces-c ...

We built and installed xerces-c 3.1.1 in this non-system locale, but have gotten stuck on trying to compile xsd to see and use this location.  We've downloaded xsd-3.3.0-2+dep.tar.bz2, which did not have xerces-c.  So we've tweaked various makefiles in the different locations to try to get things to build, but we are stuck where xsd cannot build because the compiler cannot resolve references to components of xerces-c.

We were wondering where is the best place to tell the build process about the non-standard location of xerces-c so the compilation would complete.

Thank you.